Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Being Pregnant Isn't Always Fun

I've had a rough couple weeks. I need to vent. So, a list of reasons I don't like being pregnant right now.



I have to pee ALL the time.


If I go too long without eating I get strong waves of nausea and get very light headed. I have to eat right then or else I'll throw up or have to sit down so I don't pass out. This leads to poor food choices since I usually grab the 1st thing I see and shove it in my face. This is also why I have granola bars stashed everywhere: my night stand, kitchen island and various cupboards, in baskets under the coffee table, the car, drawers at work. I also have at least 2-3 in my purse at all times.


Heartburn. Also why I have Tums stashed away with the granola bars.


I haven't had a full night of sleep in months. Why?
  • I can't get comfortable
  • I get up to pee
  • My back aches from laying down too long
  • Jordan snores
  • Our dogs snore
  • I have very very strange dreams that wake me up, sometimes in a panic.
  • I get too hot or too cold
  • Jordan gets up to let the dogs out

My nipples leak milk at inappropriate times. I often have cotton squares stuffed in my bra. It's not enough to leak through my bra but the wetness is weird and uncomfortable.


On some days I would give anything for a whole bottle of wine or a 6-pack of beer.


I am EXHAUSTED. People say that your 2nd trimester is awesome and that you'll have so much energy. That is true for 1-2 days out of 2-3 weeks. This makes looking presentable and getting out of the house for errands a daunting task. Not to mention that hauling around those granola bars gets heavy.


I feel like I've been kicked in the crotch.


Maternity jeans never stay where they're supposed to. I'm constantly pulling mine up. Sometimes I pretend I'm a gangsta and just let them sag. Fuck it.


My lower back, feet, and hips are in a constant state of ache.


I can't wear cute undies. They're all in a box in my closet. Since my hips are the only place getting bigger (besides my belly) I was forced to buy bigger panties. I'm not going to shell out $75 for 15 pairs at VS that I'm only going to need for a few months. Hanes it is. And they're big. I had to buy them so big so that they didn't leave welts on my hips. I had to buy them so big for my hips that they're saggy over my ass. I'm embarrassed of them. I don't feel sexy in them. I did break down and buy a few pairs of sexy VS ones to wear when I'm feeling froggy.


Sometimes I don't poop for 4-5 days.


My temper is short. I make snide comments to strangers under my breath, loud enough for them to barely hear, when they bump into me. I called a waiter an asshole at the mall because he was smoking closer than 15ft. to the door I was walking into. The sign was clearly posted.


I'm super aware of my personal space when out in public. Especially when driving. Want to zoom up and tail-gate me when I'm already driving over the limit? I'll go under the limit just to piss you off more. Then I will break-check your ass. Then I will flip you off.


My feet are starting to swell and I can no longer see them when I look down.




Don't get me wrong. I love being pregnant most of the time. I love my baby. Feeling her move around makes it worth it. But sometimes all the bad things catch up with you.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like you've earned the right to vent, dude.

    I hear lugging around a baby is rough work, and I can't quite imagine it, yet.

    But you've over half way there, and you look awesome. Let me know if there's anything I can do to make your life easier.

    ReplyDelete