Thursday, March 31, 2011

31 Weeks Update

It's been a while. My e-mail got hacked and my husband was holding it hostage from me until he could run virus scans and make sure he got all the junk off of it. I was able to use the internet, but unable to log into anything: email, facebook, blogger, etc. It's so good to be back!

How far along: 31 weeks. I'm down to single digits in my countdown. 9 weeks left. 7 if I go early like my mom did. 11 if I carry to 42 weeks.

Weight gained: Only 8lbs. so far. 3.5 of them in the last 2 weeks! My Dr. said if I continue to gain at this pace then I have a good possibility of coming out under my pre-pregnancy weight after I give birth. Not too shabby.

Food Aversions: Not too much. Though I am now experiencing a loss of appitite. I'm hungry a lot, but nothing sounds good to eat. I find myself staring into our fridge and not being able to find anything that tastes good. I eat a lot of canned peaches and spaghetti o's.

Cravings: Ice cream. Lots and lots of it. I'm talking 2-3 bowls a day on some days. I can't help myself. It's just so creamy and sweet.

Body changes: I'm starting to sweat a lot. I'm hot all the time. I feel bad for Jordan cause he's cold most of the time and has to suffer. Still no stretch marks on my belly, though a few more have popped up on my hips. I'm getting more Braxton Hicks than I did before and my boobs leak more than they did in the past. I'm hoping this is a sign of good breastfeeding in my future. It's getting harder to be comfortable. When I stand for too long my hips ache. When I sit for too long my ribs hurt. And when I lay down it's harder to breathe and painful when I move my hips.

Baby changes: I feel her kick a lot more. The kicks have gotten stronger and, at some points, very painful. My ribs are in a constant state of soreness. I try to reposition her, but it doesn't work most of the time.

How we're preparing: I bought some cheap PJ's today that I plan on taking to the hospital. It's a matching set with a top that buttons all the way down. This will be good for breastfeeding and having skin-to-skin contact with baby in the hospital without having to remove too much clothing. We also start birthing and breastfeeding classes next week.

Baby name: We've been holding on to Madeline. We've been using it for a few weeks now and we haven't gotten tired of it yet. We need to settle on a spelling of it though. We want it pronounced Mad-a-lynn and not Mad-a-line.

What I'm looking forward to: I have my 1st of 2 baby showers this weekend in Indiana. It's with my side of the family. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone, especially cause most of my family lives very far away.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to babynames.com:
    Madilyn, Madelene, Madalyn, Madelynn, Madalynn, Madilynn, Madaline

    YAY!
    Single digit countdown...CRAZY.

    ReplyDelete