Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

We got to celebrate our 1st Labor Day with Madi and it was very busy and tons of fun.

On Friday we went to the Sunset Fest. with some friends. Funnel cakes always equal a great time.
Madi loved all the bright flashing lights

Saturday morning we went to the craft show at the Sunset Fest. When we got there is was starting to rain and the vendors were packing some stuff up. There weren't a lot of vendors and it was kind of blah.

Saturday night we hung out with friends at our house and it was fun to catch up and play with their baby.

We were able to relax Sunday morning. In the afternoon we went to my in-law's party. My mother in law had some of her friends over and they all wanted to meet Madilynn. It was fun and the food was great and we ended up staying pretty late.

On Monday we went to Septemberfest in Schaumburg. It was chilly out so I got to dress Madi in some of her new fall clothes. There were a ton on arts/craft vendors to look at and the whole thing was free. We got a caricature drawn of our little family and it turned out....ok. I'm not sure that I liked the way the artist drew me. He made my face really pinched looking.
I think he captured Jordan and Madilynn very well. Me...not so much.


Since it was bright and chilly, Madi wore her sunglasses and a hat I made her. So many people stopped us to coo over how cute she looked. It was a little overwhelming.

All in all it was a fun weekend and a great way to end the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment