Monday, April 11, 2011

Update: 33 Weeks

How far along: 33 weeks.
This means only 5 (if early) to 9 (if late) weeks left


How I'm feeling mentally: It's kinda starting to sink in that I'll have a baby soon. I really try not to think about it too much because then I just get too overwhelmed and panic.

Physically:
I have good days and bad. I tend to overdo it on the good days by pushing myself too much. I know I need to take it easy. Part of me thinks, "I'll show this pregnancy that I can do just as much now as I did before. I can be on my feet all day. I can do yard work, clean the whole house, run all my errands in one day, etc." The next day I have a bad day where I can hardly move and ache all over.


It's harder to get a good nights sleep. I pee a lot and it hurts to move when I lay down. Getting comfy rough and staying comfy is even harder. This week I've had in incurable urge to want to lay on my stomach, which I totally can't do.


Jordan is:
Super helpful. We had some classes last week and he was attentive and asked questions. He was even the only man in breastfeeding class. He helps me get up from the couch/floor/chair when he's home. Though I STILL haven't gotten my foot rub yet, he does help paint my toenails when I need a fresh coat. He talks to my belly and likes to rub it.


Baby: I think it's starting to get a little snug in there. I'm not getting as many hard jabs. I've been feeling more shifting around. Instead of seeing one part of my belly move, I see the whole thing shake, jiggle, and shift around. Dr. said she's measuring perfect and we're right on track.


Weight gain:
8.5 lbs. Only gained a half pound in the last 2 weeks. Still no stretch marks on my belly.


What's been fun:
Had my Indiana baby shower last weekend. I got to see most of my side of the family and it was wonderful. I got some good loot too! The nursery also got a new ceiling fan yesterday. It has a dimmer so we can see baby without totally blinding her if she's asleep.


What I'm looking forward to:
Lots to do this weekend. We have a birthday celebration, library book sale, and more gardening to do (if it's nice). Garage sale season just started too and that's fun for me. I got the belly cast in the mail and we'll do that in a few weeks. We also have another baby shower Easter weekend.



Jordan took this picture of me yesterday.
I love how it came out.

2 comments:

  1. Dawn, I said it on FB, and I'll say it again - that picture is STUNNING.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I really love it too. Jordan's still learning to use the camera. I really want him to master it before the baby is born so that there will be good pictures with me in them. He's starting to get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete