Monday, February 6, 2012

We finished painting the trim and crown moulding in the family room and it looks awesome!  Now we have to pick colors for the walls, paint, and hang up some stuff on the walls and it will be done.  I'm still working on filling holes and getting ready to prime and paint the rest of the trim in the house.  I'm hoping it will be done before Madilynn's birthday party.

We worked on baby proofing the house this weekend.  We put on outlet covers, padded the edges of the coffee table, and put up one of 3 baby gates.  The gate is at the top of the stairs.  I often put M to play on the landing there while I do laundry or shower.  I give her a few toys to play with and she's content for the 10 or so minuets that it takes to get things done.  Though she's not fully crawling yet, she has learned to scoot a bit and can get around.  It freaked me out having her by the stairs so we put the gate there.  It's a tall gate but the walk-through door is kinda skinny.  I'm a little scared to walk through it holding the baby cause I have to sort of turn sideways so that we both fit.  It's making we wonder if it's helping more than hurting.  It's a loose loose right now.  I run the risk of her falling if I take the gate down.  And, I feel like I run a huge risk if we both fall while trying to squeeze though the door.  Maybe I'll just get used to it?

Speaking of Madilynn, she's really sick right now.  She's got a bad cough and runny nose.  I don't know if it's a cold or if she's cutting her top teeth.  She had something very similar when she got her bottom teeth so only time will tell.  She's eating a LOT of new foods now.  I make all her baby food at home and it's saving a lot of money and I know what's going into it.  When I eat dinner I give her what I'm having if it's something that she can smash up in her mouth.  I'm excited for when she turns 9 months old cause then she can have meat.  I'm trying to expose her to as many different foods and tastes as possible.  She loves to eat and explore with food.

I actually got out by myself a few times this week.  I went to see a movie with some friends.  On Saturday I went out to dinner and drinks with some moms from group.  It was so nice just to get out and about without the baby.  Jordan likes hanging out with her and watching movies and paying and getting alone time with her too so it's a win-win.

Other than that, things are going well.  Keeping busy.  I want to try to start trying to get more active and maybe loose some of this baby weight.  Actually I was pretty thin after giving birth and have been gaining from holiday eating and general winter laziness.  We shall see how it works out.

 M pushed herself under the sofa at a playdate

 Trying to taste her pack and play

 Loving her ball-pit pack and play


3 comments:

  1. Bahahaha!
    The picture of her under the couch SLAYED me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are great. I love the second one. As always, you sound very productive. Glad to hear things are looking great with the molding and hope you can settle on a some nice paint color options. We're just getting over the cold and have been hit with teething all over again. It never, ever ends. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And just when you think it might end, you get to start all over again with V! But when she's done it'll be done for good and that's reassuring. Next time Ryan has off we should get out again :)

    ReplyDelete