Friday, February 18, 2011

25 Weeks

Just a quick 25 week update

How far along:
25 weeks

Weight Gained: 4 pounds

Cravings:
Sweets--Cookies, brownies, cake, sweet tea


Aversions: Nothing really. Still can't be around grocery store rotisserie chicken.


About Baby:
Kicking stronger. She's most active in the morning and in the evenings before bed. She's very active after I eat, especially if I eat sweets. Jordan can feel her more and more and we can see her movement on my belly. It's so neat but equally creepy to think that there's a person in there moving around.


Doctor Says:
Everything is looking good and measuring great!


What I Miss:
Energy. And sleep. Because I'm not sleeping well I often feel run down during the day. I often have nightmares and wake up multiple times throughout the night. Last week I woke up around 4:15am one morning and 5:30am the other in the morning and couldn't get back to sleep. So I got up and started my day. I would pay high sums of money for 2 nights of sleep without waking up or having nightmares.


Jordan:
I think I am overwhelming Jordan with things to do around the house. He works hard all week and I know he just wants one day on the weekend to relax. I have him painting, putting things together, installing shelves, etc. I try to leave him alone. There's just so much I feel that needs to be done. So much that I can't do on my own. So much I need his help with.


Things I'm Worried About:
The nursery is almost done. It's still February. I'm going to have 2 showers in April. What am I going to do in March??? I'm not going to have the nursery to work on. I'm not going to have new gifts to put together or wash or find a home for. I'm scared for March. I have a feeling that the family room might get painted or the kitchen cabinets refinished.


I haven't taken my 25 week pictures yet so no belly photo.
Instead here is a photo of my dogs.

4 comments:

  1. AH! SO CUTE!

    So glad to hear everything is going just as planned! Do you have any other things to take care of (besides the nursery) before baby?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's some stuff around the house I would like to get done. I'd like to get the floors in the kitchen refinished so we don't have to deal with a baby and dust. I'd also like to refinish the cabinets and turn them white. Jordan thinks white cabinets would look weird with white appliances but I think it would look nice. Will these things get done? Who knows. Part of me just wants to say screw it and take it easy.

    Pretty much everything is done except for birthing/breast feeding classes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be careful with refishing the floors - its way more awful than anyone anticipates.

    My parents' next door neighbors stayed at their (my parents') house for almost a week because of the dust and the fumes from the shit the put ON the floors.

    And when we lived in the Des Plaines attic, our landlord didn't tell us he was getting the floors refinished and we came home to the most NOXIOUS and TOXIC fumes. We had to stay out of the house for a week. And it smelled weird long after.

    My vote? SCREW IT and TAKE IT EASY! You're running low on time to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were thinking about staying at the Stipati's while it was done. Maybe they'd like it better if we came with baby in tow :)

    The nesting has cooled a bit so it's nice being able to sit and relax a bit.

    ReplyDelete