Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Nursery

This weekend we finally painted the nursery. The colors are "poetic princess" (a light pink) and "silver drop" (a light gray/silver). Since we didn't want the room to be too pink we put the pink on the bottom of the chair rail and the gray on the top. And, since most of our art pieces have pink in them, the gray on top will look much better.


Jordan rolling on the pink.


This is a boring picture but it shows the colors the best.


I've also been thinking about things to put on the wall. I've got this frame from Ikea. I plan on putting ultrasound pictures in it from 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 17 weeks, 20 weeks and then a picture of her as a newborn.


I've also been working on making a custom art piece. This has taken me 2 full days of non-stop Photoshop to complete this. It's a high resolution print so all I have to do is print it out and frame it. I think we're going to have it printed at 16"x20" and then mat it. It should take up a good portion of the wall.


We also have a very large antique gold frame that I picked up for free at a garage sale. We're either going to put a mirror in it or use it to "frame" my future belly cast.

Though we've gotten a lot done, there's still a long list of baby things to do:
  • Figure out a closet system for the nursery
  • Have maternity pictures taken
  • Do a belly cast. Jordan is SO excited about this!
  • Attend 2 baby showers: Jordan's family in Illinois and my family in Indiana.
  • Wash all clothing items we get as gifts
  • Put together all baby items we get as gifts
  • Buy things we need but don't get for showers
  • Make mobile for crib
  • Install shelving on the nursery walls
  • Celebrate our 3 year wedding anniversary
  • Get a prenatal massage
Here are some recent belly pictures:

21 weeks


24 weeks

Not too much of a difference.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! The colors look great, and that art that you've made looks AWESOME. I can't wait to see it when it's done and framed and big!

    A belly cast? Is that just a plaster cast of your bump? How far along are you going to be when you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. It's just a plaster cast of my belly. I want to do it as big as possible. Probably around 35 week+ I'm hoping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nursery looks great, girl! What brand and color name is your gray paint? I am STILL on the hunt for the "perfect" shade of gray.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melinda: It's Behr Paint called "Silver Drop" in a satin finish. It's perfect for our room and we love it. It's not too gray or dark, but not too close to white. You can go to Home Depot and get a tester for about $3 and try it. The pink is called "Poetic Princess."

    ReplyDelete