Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Burning the Candle at Both Ends

This past week was full of frustrations for me.

When we took out the furniture of the guest room we had planned on selling all the pieces (bed, dresser, and night stand) on CraigsList. We registered for all new furniture for the nursery including crib, dresser/changing table combo, and tall 5 drawer dresser. The crib was mid-priced. The dresser and changing dresser were pricey.

In order to save some money we decided to take the tall dresser off the registry and paint our old tall dresser white, since that’s what the other nursery furniture was. I took apart the dresser, sanded it, primed it, and gave it 4 coats of white paint. When we went to put the crib together I noticed the whites didn’t match. The crib was called “Classic White” and was a little on the antique side. When placed next to the dresser the difference was very noticeable to me. So we had to go and get more swatches and match the whites. I repainted the chair rail. I took the dresser apart again, painted it, and now it won’t go back together. It’s a piece from Ikea so it’s not the best quality. I’m now waiting for Jordan to get home to fix it.

I’ve been lacking so much sleep that it’s been very hard for me to function. Sunday I woke up at 5:30am and couldn’t get back to sleep. So I got up and got to work around the house. Against my better judgment I decided to go to Ikea alone for a few things for the nursery. I needed curtains, curtain rods, and some closet storage items. It was rough getting through the store with my cart. The curtain rods were long and kept falling out. They stuck out of the cart and kept hitting things and people in the store. I knew I had too much for to handle alone but I didn’t want to come back.

The thing about Ikea is that you cannot take your cart to your car. I was struggling to get my things to my car and kept dropping the rods. The nicest Indian lady came up and offered her help. This is the 1st time that someone has offered help to my pregnant self. I was SO grateful for her help because I KNEW I couldn’t do it on my own.

Burning the candle at both ends. I'm physically and mentally drained.

No comments:

Post a Comment